ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: tcp discovery message exchange
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2017 17:49:42 GMT
As far as I recall, the first message is needed to announce that there is a new node that wishes
to join the cluster. The node will receive an order number and will take its place in the
cluster ring after the message is processed.

The second message is need to finalize the join process: change a topology version, send and
process NODE_JOIN events, etc.

—
Denis