ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Pavel Tupitsyn <ptupit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sorting fields of Binarilyzable objects on write
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2017 06:02:19 GMT
QueryEntity order is not only harder for the users, it will be nightmare to
implement.
What if there is no QueryEntity defined? What if the same class is used in
multiple QueryEntity?
I don't think serialization code has to be tied to QueryEntity in any way,
this violates separation of concerns.

So I guess we can agree on sorting fields alphabetically.

Let's get to the initial question:
* Should we do the sorting for the user (performance hit)?
* Should we at least validate user-defined order?