ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Ozerov <voze...@gridgain.com>
Subject Handling of @AffinityKeyMapped and @QuerySqlField annotations in Cassandra store
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2017 12:22:40 GMT
Hi Igor,

During API stabilization and improvement for Apache Ignite 2.0 we
restricted usage of @AffinityKeyMapped and @QuerySqlField annotations to
fields only, because annotations on method level are not supported by
BinaryMarshaller (which is default) and goes against our general approach
of having no user classes on server.

This affected Cassandra store as it relied on these annotations in several
places. I propose the following plan:
1) Remove handling of these annotations from Cassandra module in 2.0 as it
no longer work anyway.
2) Define new Cassandra-specific annotations and return this logic in AI
2.1.

The main idea is that both mentioned annotations were created for different
purpose, and their usage in Cassandra module appears to be wrong. We need
to have different annotations for this.

Thoughts?

Vladimir.