ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Sergi Vladykin <sergi.vlady...@gmail.com>
Subject Prohibit stateful affinity (FairAffinityFunction)
Date Sun, 09 Apr 2017 10:50:50 GMT
Guys,

It appeared that our FairAffinityFunction can assign the same partitions to
different nodes for different caches.

It basically means that there is no collocation between the caches at all
even if they have the same affinity.

As a result all SQL joins will not work (even collocated ones), other
operations that rely on cache collocation will be either broken or work
slower, than expected.

All this stuff is really non-obvious. And I see no reason why we should
allow that. I suggest to prohibit this behavior and drop
FairAffinityFunction before 2.0. We have to clearly document that the same
affinity function must provide the same partition assignments for all the
caches.

Also I know that Taras Ledkov was working on a decent stateless replacement
for FairAffinity, so we should not loose anything here.

Thoughts?

Sergi