ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IGNITE-4535 : Add option to store deserialized values on-heap
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2017 16:15:20 GMT
Ilya, I looked at the Semyon's comments in the ticket, and I think I agree
with him on all counts.

1. Setting an eviction policy should not be a mechanism to enable the
on-heap cache. We already have eviction policies off-heap as well, and they
don't enable anything. On top of that, the eviction policy should not be a
requirement for the on-heap cache. User should still be able to enable the
on-heap cache, even if it grows indefinitely without evictions. We should
have a more intuitive flag here.

2. As far as the tests go, they should examine all the tests and adapt them
to the new behavior. I think we should have a replica of all off-heap tests
to test the scenario with on-heap caches.

D.