ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shtykh <rsht...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Null cache names
Date Sat, 22 Apr 2017 05:47:00 GMT
Hi Igor,
The current implementation supports only STRING data type of Redis. In addition, AFAIK, scaling
Redis per dataset is normally done via running separate instances of Redis for each dataset.
Therefore my choice was storing to the default cache. It looks fine from Redis' perspective,
but probably not from Ignite's.For other data types like HASH or SORTED SET, I planned to
specify cache name by key and treat value inside as Ignite's key-values.# Redis has a notion
of 'database' and you can switch between them, but they can be referred only by the number,
and limited to 16 databases... Not very useful, IMO.
If you still have the default cache, the current Redis integration should work as is (I have
to recheck it, what is the JIRA ticket for the null cache issue?)
Do you just want to be sure your changes don't affect the Redis integration, or do you want
to extend it to switch between caches?
Roman