ignite-dev mailing list archives

From "daradurvs [via Apache Ignite Developers]" <ml-node+s2346864n16317...@n4.nabble.com>
Subject Re: Data compression in Ignite 2.0
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2017 07:19:49 GMT
Hi Igniters!

I am interested in this task.
Provide some kind of pluggable compression SPI support
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-3592>

I developed a solution on BinaryMarshaller-level, but reviewer has rejected
it.

Let's continue discussion of task goals and solution design.
As I understood that, the main goal of this task is to store data in
compressed form.
This is what I need from Ignite as its user. Compression provides economy on
servers.
We can store more data on same servers at the cost of increasing CPU
utilization.

I'm researching a possibility of implementation of compression at the
cache-level.

Any thoughts?

--
Best regards,
Vyacheslav

http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/Data-compression-in-Ignite-2-0-tp10099p16317.html
This email was sent by daradurvs (via Nabble)
To receive all replies by email, subscribe to this discussion: http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=subscribe_by_code&node=10099&code=ZGV2QGlnbml0ZS5hcGFjaGUub3JnfDEwMDk5fDczMjcwMzkwMw==