ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hello Ignite Community
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2017 18:57:10 GMT
Hello Kartik,

Welcome to the Ignite community!

Please subscribe to both dev and user lists:
https://ignite.apache.org/community/resources.html#mail-lists

Get familiar with Ignite development process described here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Development+Process

Instructions on how to contribute can be found here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/How+to+Contribute

Project setup in Intellij IDEA:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Project+Setup

Once you got familiar and were able to run a few examples, you should pick
a Jira ticket you would like to start on. Send an email to the dev list sharing your JIRA
id, so we can add you as a contributor in Jira.

These are the easy tickets to start with:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4549?jql=project%20%3D%20IGNITE%20AND%20labels%20in%20(newbie)%20and%20status%20%3D%20OPEN

While those are more advanced but appealing:
https://ignite.apache.org/community/contribute.html#pick-ticket

Looking forward to your contributions!

—
Denis

> On Mar 3, 2017, at 9:32 AM, Kartik Somani <kartiksomani.official@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Members,
>
> I'm new to Apache Ignite, and would like to learn, and then start contributing to Apache
Ignite. If anyone wants to volunteer for guiding me or becoming my mentor through the process,
I'd really appreciate that.