ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Igor Rudyak <irud...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra store issues
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2017 04:09:00 GMT
Hi Val,

Thanks for the info. I replied to both questions.

Regarding the first question - we just don't support mapping from
java.sql.Timestamp to Cassandra's Datatype.Name.TIMESTAMP type, cause there
are no direct mapping for it
http://docs.datastax.com/en/developer/java-driver/3.1/manual/#cql-to-java-type-mapping.
We can easily add support for this mapping, but there actually plenty of
other Timestamp types in core java (java.sql.Timestamp,
java.security.Timestamp, java.sun.jmx.snmp.Timestamp and etc.) and even
more in different third party libraries. Thus it's just technically not
possible to add support for all variety of Timestamps.

Regarding second question - in current implementation, complex data types
(collections, custom types) could only be mapped to BLOB type in Cassandra.

Igor