ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Igor Sapego <isap...@apache.org>
Subject Timestamp and Time types in SQL queries
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2017 15:14:46 GMT
Hi guys,

I'm working on java.sql.Time type support for ODBC [1], and I'm facing
following behaviour:

Lets suppose I perform an SQL query from C++ on field of java.sql.Time type:

SELECT dateField from SomeType

Nothing special here. The problem is in C++ I get value of type Date
instead of Time. The similar behaviour can be observed for the
java.sql.Date type (returned as Timestamp in binary protocol). I have not
investigated issue yet but I suppose it has to do something with
java.sql.Time and java.sql.Timestamp both being a subclasses of the
java.util.Date.

So the question is, is this an expected behaviour or is it a bug?

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4691