ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Kuznetsov <akuznet...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cluster name
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2017 11:07:46 GMT
Dmitriy, Sergi and Val.

Web Console will be connected to several clusters at once.
And clusters do not know about Web Console, because Web Console collect
info from cluster via our REST-HTTP module.
So, I can distinguish clusters only by collection of node IDs and give them
names like: "Cluster1, Clsuter2,...."
But if cluster restarted Web Console will detect it as new cluster and give
next auto-generated name "ClusterN".

So, I'm not insist on adding "ClusterName" to IgniteConfiguration, but
could you give me a way
 some how "mark" clusters to detect them even after full restart.

May be setting some sort of environment variable (it will be added to node
attributes)?
So, if user need "Multi-cluster" support he should set different
CLUSTER_NAME environment variable for different clusters.

Any other ideas are welcome.

--
Alexey Kuznetsov