ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Chugunov <sergey.chugu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IGNITE-4536 metrics of new offheap storage
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2017 15:32:36 GMT
Also I looked through current set of metrics available on
*CacheMetrics *interface
and suggest following changes:

   1. All methods related to tracking swap space (including
   *getOverflowSize*) to be removed.

   2. Useless/hard to calculate in new memory management approach:
   getOffHeapAllocatedSize //max size is constrained by MemoryPolicy config
   getOffHeapEntriesCount //all cache entries live offheap
   getOffHeapEvictions //will be captured on MemoryPolicyMetrics level;
   getOffHeapMaxSize //same as the first one

   3. Useful, not going to remove:
   getOffHeapGets //useful as there still may be deserialized entries
   residing on-heap
   getOffHeapHitPercentage
   getOffHeapHits //overall hits include offheap and onheap
   getOffHeapMisses //I think in new model is the same as getCacheMisses
   getOffHeapMissPercentage //same as above
   getOffHeapPuts //same as above
   getOffHeapRemovals //same as above

Please share your thought if I miss something here.

Thanks,
Sergey Chugunov.