ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Goncharuk <alexey.goncha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IgniteSemaphore and failoverSafe flag
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2017 07:46:25 GMT

> Which user operation would result in exception? To my knowledge, user may
> already be holding the lock and not invoking any Ignite APIs, no?

Yes, this is exactly my point.

Imagine that a node already holds a lock and another node is waiting for
the lock. If all partition nodes leave the grid and the lock is re-created,
this second node will immediately acquire the lock and we will have two
lock owners. I think in this case this second node (blocked on lock())
should get an exception saying that the lock was lost (which is, by the
way, the current behavior), and the first node should get an exception on
unlock.