ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Goncharuk <alexey.goncha...@gmail.com>
Subject Stable binary key representation
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2017 16:08:14 GMT
Guys,

I stumbled across this ticket [1] and it seems to me that the whole
approach of identity resolvers is error-prone. If a key contains some data
that does not participate in equals() calculation, these fields may be as
well moved to the value object. Even with binary objects, key mutation
looks like an error-prone approach.

I suggest we remove identity resolver in Ignite 2.0 and ask a user to
provide a correct implementation of a key. For the Hibernate integration, I
think a correct fix would be to replace the Hibernate key with another
correct key class.

Thoughts?