ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ignite-3592 is ready fo review (Provide some kind of pluggable compression SPI support)
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2017 17:56:16 GMT
Hello Vyacheslav, thanks for your efforts.

Is there any special support for SQL? In the original discussion [1] around this task the
folks expressed several concerns about compression usefulness w/o the ability to execute SQL
queries over compressed data. In general it makes sense to run the discussion in [1].

[1] http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/Data-compression-in-Ignite-2-0-td10099.html
<http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/Data-compression-in-Ignite-2-0-td10099.html>

—
Denis