ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: More SEO and API doc cleanup
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2017 22:37:12 GMT
Hello Mauricio,

Thanks a lot, I’ve reviewed and merged your changes!

> 	- Setup rewrite rule on .htaccess so latest API doc can have always the same URL ( for
example https://ignite.apache.org/releases/latest/javadoc/ <https://ignite.apache.org/releases/latest/javadoc/>)
 In this case I pointed it to version 1.9.0. This will prevent having to manually change all
inbound links every time a new release is done. Also will help search engines to correctly
identify the latest documentation that should be listed on results.

Many special thanks for this improvement. I wish we did this earlier.

BTW, what we need to do to update this latest doc reference when a new version is rolled out?
Could you share the instructions?

—
Denis

> On Mar 10, 2017, at 1:54 PM, Mauricio Stekl <mauricio@gridgain.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Igniters,
>
> I am sending a .patch file attached with some changes related to SEO that I have done
to Apache Ignite website.

> Here are some details:
>
> 	- Setup rewrite rule on .htaccess so latest API doc can have always the same URL ( for
example https://ignite.apache.org/releases/latest/javadoc/ <https://ignite.apache.org/releases/latest/javadoc/>)
 In this case I pointed it to version 1.9.0. This will prevent having to manually change all
inbound links every time a new release is done. Also will help search engines to correctly
identify the latest documentation that should be listed on results.
> 	- Added NOINDEX meta tag to all API documentation for versions <= 1.8.0. This will
help crawlers to give more page authority to latest version of the doc, and will avoid indexing
more than 25.000 URLs.
> 	- Added canonical url tags and GA tracking code to all .html files for 1.9.0.
> 	- Updated some anchor tags on the homepage which were linking to the features using
only the icons and not the feature's title text.