ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: assigning IGNITE-933
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2017 20:04:43 GMT
Vadim,

Please prepare a pull-request and make sure that the test passes on TeamCity.

—
Denis

> On Mar 10, 2017, at 9:25 AM, Вадим Опольский <vaopolskij@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello everyone!
>
> Denis, I've successfully executed GridFailFastNodeFailureDetectionSelfTest in IDE 10
times on VMware Workstation (3 GB RAM,  Intel Core i5-2520M) in single core mode with 300
MILLISECONDS timeout.

> What's the next step ?
>
> Vadim

> Vadim,
>
> The timeout should be such that the test completes successfully on single core machine
as well as on multi-core servers. Setting timeout to 3 - 5 seconds should work.

<mailto:vaopolskij@gmail.com>> wrote:

>> Denis,
>>
>> I'm planning to adjust processing time of incoming and outgoing messages by JMH benchmarks.
>>
>> What do you think are the parameters of commodity hardware/? RAM size? CPU speed
? or others ?

>> Vadim

>> Vadim,
>>
>> How do you plan to adjust processing time of incoming and outgoing messages? In general,
I don’t think that you need to move the direction of the communication layer.

>> I’m thinking that you just need to set some reasonable awaiting time so that the
test passes on a commodity hardware.

>> —
>> Denis
>>
>>> On Mar 6, 2017, at 2:31 AM, Вадим Опольский <vaopolskij@gmail.com
<mailto:vaopolskij@gmail.com>> wrote:

>>> Hi everyone!
>>>
>>> I executed test GridFailFastNodeFailureDetectionSelfTest.testFailFast fails periodically
with different values of node quantity and awaiting time. Test fails if the awaiting time
is less than 600 miliseconds.
>>> I debugged test and understood that messaging took a lot of time in this case.
>>> I want to measure (with GridFailFastNodeFailureDetectionSelfTest.testFailFast)
and increase speed of receiving and sending message.

>>> Denis, what do you think about it ?
>>>
>>> Vadim Opolski

>>> Hi Vadim,
>>>
>>> Yes, this issue might be still relevant. I can’t guide you through but, basically,
you need to reproduce the issue, spot it in the code and propose a fix.

>>> BTW, do you have any experience with Hibernate? If so, I would be amazing if
you pick up this ticket reassigning on yourself:
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-1794 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-1794>