ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Should we take care of Java 9 in Ignite 2.0 scope?
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2017 17:44:14 GMT
Referring to your report only the following API was removed completely. The rest is still deprecated
and stowed in special JDK 9 modules.

   "org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.hadoop.HadoopClassLoader" -> "sun.misc.PerfCounter
(JDK internal API (JDK removed internal API))”;

   "org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.platform.memory.PlatformMemoryPool" -> "sun.misc.Cleaner
(JDK internal API (JDK removed internal API))”;

   "org.apache.ignite.internal.util.nio.GridNioServer$AbstractNioClientWorker" -> "sun.misc.Cleaner
(JDK internal API (JDK removed internal API))";

"org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.rest.protocols.GridRestProtocolAdapter" -> "sun.misc.BASE64Encoder
(JDK internal API (JDK removed internal API))”;

"org.apache.ignite.internal.util.IgniteUtils"      -> "sun.misc.JavaNetAccess (JDK internal
API (JDK removed internal API))”;

   "org.apache.ignite.internal.util.IgniteUtils"      -> "sun.misc.SharedSecrets (JDK internal
API (JDK removed internal API))”;

   "org.apache.ignite.internal.util.IgniteUtils"      -> "sun.misc.URLClassPath (JDK internal
API (JDK removed internal API))”;

*Evgeniy*, does Oracle officially suggest replacements for deleted APIs? Probably it’s a
matter of day to do a switch.

—
Denis

> On Mar 20, 2017, at 9:57 AM, Евгений Журавлев <e.zhuravlev.wk@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Igniters,
>
> There are a few JDK internal APIs removed in JDK 9, that we use in ignite. We need to
decide what to do with these dependencies. Here is a list of dependencies after using jdeps