ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Shashank Gandham <shashankgand...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Python Platform for Ignite
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2017 03:06:38 GMT
Okay, I will start look into the C++ shared libraries.

> On 31-Jan-2017, at 1:44 AM, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Shashank,
>
> I’ve prepared tickets related to this activity:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4600 <https://ggsystems.atlassian.net/browse/IGN-6558>
>
> I would agree that if we want to be as generic as possible then we need to write our
own implementation rather relying on SWIG.
> So, let’s try to base Ignite.Python on existing Ignite.C++ shared libs that Vladimir
mentioned. Could you investigate this part? The community will assist if something is unclear
or required more details.

> —
> Denis
>
>> On Jan 28, 2017, at 10:22 AM, Shashank Gandham <shashankgandham@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> *As asked by Denis (Correction from Dmitry)
>>
>>> On 28-Jan-2017, at 11:17 PM, Shashank Gandham <shashankgandham@gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> As I mentioned earlier I would like to work on developing the Python platform
[1]

>>> Vladimir made things clear that we will have to develop a Python platform from
the ground up if we have to have all the functionalities of Ignite. I think it would be worth
the effort to build things from the ground up, rather than using the REST API or any other
workarounds [2]

>>> As asked by Dmitry, I am starting a new thread to have a broader discussion on
how should we work on this. This will be my first contribution to a project as big as Ignite
so I may take some time to adjust to all the standards and procedures, I assure I will pick
up the pace as fast as possible.