ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Test failures
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2017 21:01:04 GMT
> How could they co-exist ? When you developing some ticket you are risking
> introduce bug which is reproduced by already failed test(s).

Because there is no IT project that is bug-free. In my experience, it’s a usual situation
when a part of the system is being evolved while the other is being fixed - this is why both
feature development & bug fixing co-exist.

In any case, I do believe that most of the tests that fail used to be sporadic ones when a
modification was applied and a contributor had been validating his changes. These casual failures
can easily lead to the situation when the contributor commits the changes that introduce new
bugs.

We should have JIRA tickets for most of the test failures:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20Ignite%20and%20summary~%22test%22%20and%20status%20!%3D%20closed
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20=%20Ignite%20and%20summary~%22test%22%20and%20status%20!=%20closed>

Would you be interested picking some of them making the product more stable? Basically, this
should help your the internals even more profoundly.

—
Denis