ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Renaming TcpDiscoverySpi.heartbeatsFrequency to TcpDiscoverySpi.metricsUpdateFrequency
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2017 19:44:16 GMT
Igniters,

Long time ago we updated the logic in discovery SPI that issues heartbeats messages from one
node to another. Presently, heartbeats frequency is calculated basing on IgniteConfiguration.failureDetectionTimeout
meaning that TcpDiscoverySpi.heartbeatsFrequency has nothing to do with heartbeats frequency
at all.

TcpDiscoverySpi.heartbeatsFrequency defines a frequency for metrics message. So, I propose
to rename this method in Apache Igntie 2.0 to something more meaningful like TcpDiscoverySpi.metricsUpdateFrequency?

Do you agree? Alternatives thoughts?

—
Denis