ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Fedotov <alexander.fedot...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Test failures
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2017 09:17:16 GMT
Hi,

I would agree with Aleksey.
>From the CI perspective, failing tests should be the main concern, because
it prevents a durable development of new features. Also, as Aleksey has
noted, developers working on different features could end up fixing the
same regressions, chances are - in different ways, resulting in merge
conflicts.
Having failing base branch, it is not possible to determine the reason of a
failure from the first sight.
All these points impact as the feedback from tests, so the whole process
agility.
Ideally, no new feature development should be started based on the failing
branch.
I think we should adopt this approach, otherwise, with growing amount of
features,
we will eventually end up spending more time dealing with regressions, than
developing features.

Regards,
Alexander

8 февр. 2017 г. 10:50 AM пользователь "ALEKSEY KUZNETSOV" <