ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Chugunov <sergey.chugu...@gmail.com>
Subject Unexpected behavior of DiscoveryCustomMessage acks
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2017 12:50:39 GMT
Hello folks,

Working on IGNITE-4302 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4302>
I developed a protocol for delivering metadata updates to all nodes in
cluster.

This protocol relies on a guarantee of *DiscoveryCustomMessage* that each
message is delivered to *CustomEventListener* exactly once; duplicates are
not possible.

But test *GridEventConsumeSelfTest::testMultithreadedWithNodeRestart*
running with my latest code changes seems to fail exactly because of
violation of this guarantee.
I can see that acknowledge messages which are also DiscoveryCustomMessages
make two passes across the cluster when some nodes are restarted.

My question is: is it s bug or just a detail about guarantees around
acknowledge messages?
I can easily filter out these duplicates at the protocol level, but it is
better to fix this in case it is a bug.

Thanks,
Sergey.