ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Valentin Kulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jdbc vs jdbc2 packages
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2017 00:44:15 GMT
There are two implementations of JDBC driver - based on legacy thin client
(jdbc package) and on client node (jdbc2). The first one was deprecated
when we introduced the latter, but now I tend to think that this was not a
right decision. Thin client driver provides worse performance, but it's
much easier to use, never requires additional dependencies like Spring and
can be used from any remote machine. Probably we can consider undeprecating
it.

-Val