ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Valentin Kulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Transaction semantics questions
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2017 04:23:48 GMT
Folks,

I've got couple of questions about transactional behavior in Ignite that I
want to clarify.

1. With READ_COMMITTED isolation, do I have atomicity guarantee when
reading multiple values? For example, first transaction commits keys
[1,2,3,4,5], while another does getAll([2,4]). Is it possible to get
committed value for 2 and an old one for 4, or vice versa? Is there a
difference between a distributed transaction and transaction colocated to a
single node?

2.  What are the semantics of PRIMARY_SYNC in transactional cache? Is there
a difference in guarantees between PRIMARY_SYNC and FULL_SYNC?

Thanks!

-Val