ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject cache metadata progapagation
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2017 20:14:40 GMT
Igniters,

I believe that we are not propagating cache metadata correctly, but I want
to confirm it with the community first.

Currently, it is possible in Ignite to split the cluster into logical
groups, and deploy caches only on certain nodes using NodeFilters. For
example, CacheA will reside only on Nodes 1, 2, and 3, and CacheB will
reside only on nodes 4 and 5. However, even in this case, it looks like the
cache metadata for both caches will be deployed on all the nodes.

It looks like the correct approach would be to honor the NodeFilter for a
 cache whenever deploying the cache metadata. Is there a reason for the
metadata to be deployed on all the nodes?

D.