ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Ignite 1.8.0 Released
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2017 18:33:09 GMT
Roman, perfect! Well done!

*Prachi*, please add Roman’s blog to Apache Ignite’s blogs list:
https://ignite.apache.org/blogs.html <https://ignite.apache.org/blogs.html>

*Sally*, considering that all the information is already at place is it a good time to wrap
it up in an Apache official announcement?

—
Denis

and Prachi will send your material to dzone.com <http://dzone.com/> and when it’s
accepted there we will public it on Ignite’s blogging page (https://ignite.apache.org/blogs.html
<https://ignite.apache.org/blogs.html>).

> As for the format, I would suggest making a quick walk-through guidance including code
snippets and showing how to connect to the cluster from Python or Ruby (whatever you like
most) and work with it. You can do something like I did for PHP
> https://dzone.com/articles/apache-ignite-enables-full-fledged-sql-support-for <https://dzone.com/articles/apache-ignite-enables-full-fledged-sql-support-for>
>
> —
> Denis
>
>> On Dec 30, 2016, at 4:09 AM, Roman Shtykh <rshtykh@yahoo.com.INVALID <mailto:rshtykh@yahoo.com.INVALID>>
wrote:

>> Sure, Denis, I can write about Redis protocol support. Can you please instruct me
about the format and how/where to submit?
>> Roman
>>

>>    On Friday, December 30, 2016 8:11 AM, Sally Khudairi <sk@apache.org <mailto:sk@apache.org>>
wrote:

>> Boop! Sorry about that...indeed, I wrote Roman's name in my notes next to "1.8 release
manager?" and clearly combined the two.
>> Apologies for alarming you.
>> But that is a good hint, Denis <g>
>> Cheers,Sally
>>

>> [From the mobile; please excuse top-posting, spelling/spacing errors, and brevity]
>>

>>   On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 17:58, Denis Magda<dmagda@apache.org <mailto:dmagda@apache.org>>
wrote:  Sally, looks like you got confused with this

>> On Dec 29, 2016, at 2:38 PM, Sally Khudairi <sk@apache.org <mailto:sk@apache.org>>
wrote:
>> And thanks in advance, Roman Shtykh, for acting as project spokesperson in your role
as release manager. Participation from the community at-large is greatly appreciated!