ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Andrey Gura <ag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Ignite 1.8.0 Released
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2017 10:25:02 GMT
Hi all

I have a comment about release notes. Transactions deadlock detection
was implemented in Apache Ignite 1.7. But this implementation is
limited by pessimistic transactions only and doesn't support
transactions on near caches.

In Apache Ignite 1.8 release implemented deadlock detection that
supports optimistic transactions and transactions on near caches. It
is useful feature and could be important for transactions users.

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 12:16 AM, Sally Khudairi <sk@apache.org> wrote:
> Thanks, Denis. I'm working on a draft and will send it over for review in the next couple
of days.
> Kind regards,Sally
>

> [From the mobile; please excuse top-posting, spelling/spacing errors, and brevity]
>

>   On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 13:33, Denis Magda<dmagda@apache.org> wrote:   Roman,
perfect! Well done!
> *Prachi*, please add Roman’s blog to Apache Ignite’s blogs list:https://ignite.apache.org/blogs.html
> *Sally*, considering that all the information is already at place is it a good time to
wrap it up in an Apache official announcement?
> —Denis
>
> On Jan 9, 2017, at 1:43 AM, Roman Shtykh <rshtykh@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Denis, I published a short article on https://dzone.com/articles/handling-apache-ignite-cluster-data-via-redis-prot
-Roman

>     On Saturday, December 31, 2016 12:50 AM, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org> wrote:
>

>  Roman, amazing thanks!
> You can use any blogging engine you like. After the blog post is ready notify the community
and Prachi will send your material to dzone.com and when it’s accepted there we will public
it on Ignite’s blogging page (https://ignite.apache.org/blogs.html).
> As for the format, I would suggest making a quick walk-through guidance including code
snippets and showing how to connect to the cluster from Python or Ruby (whatever you like
most) and work with it. You can do something like I did for PHPhttps://dzone.com/articles/apache-ignite-enables-full-fledged-sql-support-for
> —Denis
>
> On Dec 30, 2016, at 4:09 AM, Roman Shtykh <rshtykh@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
> Sure, Denis, I can write about Redis protocol support. Can you please instruct me about
the format and how/where to submit?
> Roman
>

>     On Friday, December 30, 2016 8:11 AM, Sally Khudairi <sk@apache.org> wrote:
>

>  Boop! Sorry about that...indeed, I wrote Roman's name in my notes next to "1.8 release
manager?" and clearly combined the two.
> Apologies for alarming you.
> But that is a good hint, Denis <g>
> Cheers,Sally
>

> [From the mobile; please excuse top-posting, spelling/spacing errors, and brevity]
>

>   On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 17:58, Denis Magda<dmagda@apache.org> wrote:  Sally,
looks like you got confused with this

> On Dec 29, 2016, at 2:38 PM, Sally Khudairi <sk@apache.org> wrote:
> And thanks in advance, Roman Shtykh, for acting as project spokesperson in your role
as release manager. Participation from the community at-large is greatly appreciated!