ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Ozerov <voze...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Abandon of the non-throwing version of C++ client API
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2017 07:49:15 GMT
Originally I tried to cover situation when user disabled exceptions. In
this case throwing something will lead to application crash. However, for
now I believe that such use case is not very likely as Ignite is relatively
high-level product. For this reason I would prefer to keep clean and
compact API which will throw exceptions. But still have a workaround for
users which do not want that. For instance, we may consult to some
environment variable in runtime, or to some preprocessor flag in compile
time, and expose additional static "GetLastError" method.