ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Ozerov <voze...@gridgain.com>
Subject Should we take care of Java 9 in Ignite 2.0 scope?
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2017 13:47:59 GMT
Igniters,

Please see this article [1] from Kotlin guys. They had to re-pack public
API because Java 9 doesn't allow several modules to share the same public
package. Looks like this limitation could impact us at some point, so that
we will not be able to support Java 9 without breaking API changes.

May be it makes sense to perform some initial investigation of Java 9
impact before AI 2.0 release, so that we can minimize (or at least
estimate) potential future impact?

Vladimir.

[1]
https://blog.jetbrains.com/kotlin/2017/01/kotlin-1-1-whats-coming-in-the-standard-library/