ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Valentin Kulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Updates reordering in transaction with cache store
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2017 23:44:12 GMT
Igniters,

Imagine the following scenario:

startTx {
    cache.get("key2");

    cache.put("key1", val1);
    cache.put("key2", val2);

    commit();
}

In the transaction above key1 is updated first, and then key2. But since we
access key2 at the very beginning, cache store is updated in different
order (key2, than key1).

While I understand that this happens for a reason, this is actually a
serious usability issue, because in many cases user will have constraint
violation because of this.

Is there a way to fix this? My idea is to track updates for the store in a
separate linked structure, so that get operations do not affect it. Will
this work? If there are no objections, I will create a ticket.

-Val