ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Valentin Kulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Configuring Cassandra persistence from code
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2017 23:36:08 GMT
Hi Igor,

I just noticed that KeyValuePersistenceSettings class required to configure
Cassandra store can be created only based on XML file of a special format.

If so, this looks like a pretty serious limitation. First of all, when
configuring such cache, user has to know both Spring configuration format
and this specific format for persistence. In other words, persistence
configuration seems to be weirdly separated from all other configurations
in a separate file with a different format.

But most importantly, what if user wants to create a cache dynamically and
doesn't know configuration in advance? How are they supposed to create this
special XML in this case?

Is my understanding correct? If so, I think we should add standard getters
and setters to KeyValuePersistenceSettings. This will make it compatible
with Spring and will allow to create it dynamically in code.

Agree?

-Val