ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IGNITE-4212 (Ignite Benchmarking Simplification and Automation)
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2017 18:18:10 GMT
Oleg,

Thanks for the clarification.

My opinion is that we should leave ‘modules/yardstick/README.txt’ and ‘modules/yardstick/DEVNOTES.txt’
either unchanged or have only those instructions there that explain how to build and run benchmarks
from ‘modules/yardstick’. This existing files can refer to the sources and compiled benchmarks
that are in Ignite binary releases but this should be a couple of statements, no more.

As for the instructions related to the sources and binaries added to Ignite binaries, preferably
they need to be added to auto-generated README.txt. *Anton*, is it feasible to do?

Finally, when apply the reviews notes please build and share Ignite binaries with your patch.
Want to see the new project structure and final version of the instructions. Presently I can’t
merge your changes due to some conflicts.

*Anton*, please review modifications in the build procedures.

—
Denis

> On Jan 31, 2017, at 3:12 AM, Oleg Ostanin <oostanin@gridgain.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Denis,
>
> Yes, we have included Ignite Yardstick source files with its pom.xml in
> Ignite binary release. "Building from standalone sources" is the building
> instruction for these source files. "Building from Ignite Sources" is the
> instruction for building Ignite Yardstick from `modules/yardstick` in
> Ignite source files.
>
> On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 3:31 AM, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Oleg,
>>
>> Great progress, thanks for keep driving this!
>>
>> I’ve left some minor notes in GitHub’s pull-request. I have the following
>> questions aside:
>>
>> - What is the difference between "Building from standalone sources" and
>> "Building from Ignite Sources"? In my understanding, a user downloads
>> Apache Ignite release that has all the sources locally.
>>
>> - I do remember we planned to add the benchmarks sources in a form of a
>> ready to be used project with its own pom.xml (similar to examples). Did
>> you put this task off?
>>
>> —
>> Denis
>>
>>> On Jan 27, 2017, at 2:13 AM, Oleg Ostanin <oostanin@gridgain.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I've changed the README.txt and DEVNOTES.txt files. Also added a simple
>>> config file for quick and easy start. Please take a look at them and tell
>>> me what you think.
>>>
>>> https://github.com/apache/ignite/pull/1471

>> on
>> into

>> discussion

may include more
something like

<dmagda@apache.org

can have the
>> following

met previously?

<

(/bin, /config,
root.
say that for
>> Yardstick.
of "libs/optional"
by copying in

Setrakyan <

or libs/ folder for
adding any yardstick

to include benchmarks in
which provides everything
libraries, and

Denis Magda <

is already a kind of extra for me.
semantic works well?

about “libs/optional”?
get down to the
>> implementation.

AM, Sergey Kozlov <

the new root folder called
>> 'extras'
and put there yardstick

PM, Denis Magda <

IGNITE-4212 description (

the ticket is to automate benchmarks
Ignite release. Now he/she
>> needs
build, configure, run strictly

release is downloaded it should be
with a ready-to-use script. The
makes sense to put under

the source of an existed
to follow existed Yardstick guidance.
sources as a part of Ignite release.

at 7:08 AM, Dmitriy Setrakyan <

at 2:53 AM, Oleg Ostanin <

allows user to run plenty of
can be used to check Ignite
>> performance.

would it be under the "libs" folder at
into Ignite? If yes, then I
under "examples" and add all the

2016 at 11:49 PM, Dmitriy Setrakyan <

does ignite-yardstick module do?

16, 2016 at 12:37 AM, Oleg Ostanin <

Igniters!
on ticket IGNITE-4212 "Ignite Benchmarking
and I'd like to ask your opinion about
think is the most appropriate place to put a
module in the apache-ignite binary
libs/optional along with an others optional
a new directory named "tools" in the root
in it, or we can find another

regards