ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: about lucene version dependent on ignite-indexing module
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2017 17:55:30 GMT
Please go ahead and take over this ticket:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-3562 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-3562>

If there will be no braking compatibility in terms of Ignite text search APIs that are built
on top of Lucene then we will release the fix as soon as possible. Otherwise, the fix release
will be put off till 2.0 which is close too.

In any case, we will highly appreciate your participation in project development!

—
Denis

> On Jan 25, 2017, at 11:16 PM, 李玉珏@163 <18624049226@163.com> wrote:
>
> If the new version is not available, we can only use the 3.5.0 version, because the major
version of the incompatibility, we have to discuss this problem.

> Is this version used because of technical limitations? If there is no limit, our team
can look at, assess the workload and time to see if this problem can be solved, and then pick
this ticket.

> 在 2017/1/26 07:29, Denis Magda 写道:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Here is a ticket for that.
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-3562 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-3562>
>>
>> As a temporary solution can you exclude the new version from your maven file?
>>
>> Sergi, Igniters,
>>
>> Is there any technical reason why we’re still on this ancient version? I do remember
we discussed this so far but didn’t manage to find the discussion.

>> —
>> Denis
>>
>>> On Jan 24, 2017, at 5:30 PM, 李玉珏 <sahala232@163.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Community,
>>>

>>> Ignite's ignite-indexing module relies on the lucene, the current version is
dependent on 3.5.0, this version is too old, I would like to ask, can the version of the lucene
upgrade to 6.x?

>>> Lucene is not compatible with the large version, but the coordinates of the maven
is the same, which gives us trouble.