ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shtykh <rsht...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Integration with RocketMQ
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2017 01:09:04 GMT
Denis,
Yes, I plan to complete it by that time.
#Btw, RocketMQ first release (4.0.0) under Apache license is planned for this month. Roman

    On Thursday, January 12, 2017 7:30 AM, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org> wrote:

 Roman,

Makes perfect sense to me. Do you think we can release this feature in the nearest AI release
(1.9 or 2.0) around February/March?

—
Denis

> On Jan 10, 2017, at 7:57 PM, Roman Shtykh <rshtykh@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Denis,
> I think our Kafka integration is the closest to what may be required for RockerMQ. But
also I wouldn't exclude expanding to Camel's approach in future, thanks a lot for pointing
to it!
> Let's have it with other streamers as Yakov suggested, and let's discuss again if something
fancy is requested ;)
> I will create a JIRA issue for that and ask RocketMQ developers for reviews and suggestions
from their side. Roman

>    On Wednesday, January 11, 2017 12:12 PM, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org> wrote:
>

> Roman,
>
> Does it make sense to have corresponding integration modules in both projects?
>
> For instance, there is Camel and Ignite integration that is hosted in both projects.
> https://github.com/apache/ignite/tree/master/modules/camel
> https://github.com/apache/camel/tree/master/components/camel-ignite <https://github.com/apache/camel/tree/master/components/camel-ignite>
>
> I do believe that the modules are not 100% identical and the reason it’s done this
way might be because the modules use different Camel or Ignite interfaces and concepts. Is
this approach somehow related to RocketMQ and Ignite?

> —
> Denis
>
>> On Jan 9, 2017, at 11:06 PM, Roman Shtykh <rshtykh@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>>
>> Igniters,
>> Recently I am looking into a new pub/sub messaging Apache incubator project called
RocketMQ [1], originally developed at Alibaba. And I am thinking about implementing a streamer
for Ignite.
>> Do you think it has to be placed under modules/ of Ignite project, or better to have
it together with other RocketMQ Community Projects [2]? I talked to the project's lead --
any approach seems to be ok.
>> I anticipate quite frequent releases of the project this year (much more frequent
than Ignite's), and I think it will be easier to release such integration updates with the
2nd approach, as soon as a new RocketMQ's (or Ignite's) version is available.