ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Contribution wanted: Spark Shared RDD examples
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2017 18:38:28 GMT
Hi Holden,

Thanks for showing an interest in this! However, Manish has already took over this.

In any case, feel free to participate in the discussion of this ticket and, in general, we’re
not limited to a number of examples. We can add more than one Spark related examples if you
have anything in mind.

In addition, there is one bigger Spark related task sitting in the queue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-949 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-949>

Do you have any Python experience? Probably I would be interested of IGNITE-949 which will
let you to become an Ignite expert if you finish it.

—
Denis

> On Jan 5, 2017, at 10:06 AM, Holden Karau <holden@pigscanfly.ca> wrote:
>
> I know the Spark side pretty well if people are willing to answer my silly ignite questions
I'd be happy to give this a shot.

> On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 9:55 AM Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org <mailto:dmagda@apache.org>>
wrote:
> Cross-posting to the user list.
>

> —
>
> Denis
>

> > On Jan 5, 2017, at 9:43 AM, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org <mailto:dmagda@apache.org>>
wrote:

> > Igniters,
>

> > As many of you know Ignite enhances Spark by implementing a concept of Ignite Shared
RDD. This kind of RDD allows sharing the state between Spark workers and execute blazingly
fast Ignite SQL queries over it.

> > https://apacheignite-fs.readme.io/docs/ignite-for-spark <https://apacheignite-fs.readme.io/docs/ignite-for-spark>
>

> > However, by some reason there is no any ready to run example available. Ignite and
Spark users have to learn basics making up their own examples all the time. Let’s fill this
gap. Here is the ticket.