ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Integration with RocketMQ
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2017 19:15:13 GMT
Roman,

Do you have any progress on this? It will be perfect to have the feature in 1.9. Please join
the discussion:
http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/Apache-Ignite-1-9-td14170.html <http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/Apache-Ignite-1-9-td14170.html>

β€”
Denis

> On Jan 11, 2017, at 5:09 PM, Roman Shtykh <rshtykh@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Denis,
> Yes, I plan to complete it by that time.
> #Btw, RocketMQ first release (4.0.0) under Apache license is planned for this month.
Roman

>    On Thursday, January 12, 2017 7:30 AM, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org> wrote:
>

> Roman,
>
> Makes perfect sense to me. Do you think we can release this feature in the nearest AI
release (1.9 or 2.0) around February/March?

> β€”
> Denis
>
>> On Jan 10, 2017, at 7:57 PM, Roman Shtykh <rshtykh@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>>
>> Denis,
>> I think our Kafka integration is the closest to what may be required for RockerMQ.
But also I wouldn't exclude expanding to Camel's approach in future, thanks a lot for pointing
to it!
>> Let's have it with other streamers as Yakov suggested, and let's discuss again if
something fancy is requested ;)
>> I will create a JIRA issue for that and ask RocketMQ developers for reviews and suggestions
from their side. Roman

>>     On Wednesday, January 11, 2017 12:12 PM, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org>
wrote:

>> Roman,
>>
>> Does it make sense to have corresponding integration modules in both projects?
>>
>> For instance, there is Camel and Ignite integration that is hosted in both projects.
>> https://github.com/apache/ignite/tree/master/modules/camel
>> https://github.com/apache/camel/tree/master/components/camel-ignite <https://github.com/apache/camel/tree/master/components/camel-ignite>
>>
>> I do believe that the modules are not 100% identical and the reason it’s done this
way might be because the modules use different Camel or Ignite interfaces and concepts. Is
this approach somehow related to RocketMQ and Ignite?

>> β€”
>> Denis
>>
>>> On Jan 9, 2017, at 11:06 PM, Roman Shtykh <rshtykh@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>>>
>>> Igniters,
>>> Recently I am looking into a new pub/sub messaging Apache incubator project called
RocketMQ [1], originally developed at Alibaba. And I am thinking about implementing a streamer
for Ignite.
>>> Do you think it has to be placed under modules/ of Ignite project, or better
to have it together with other RocketMQ Community Projects [2]? I talked to the project's
lead -- any approach seems to be ok.
>>> I anticipate quite frequent releases of the project this year (much more frequent
than Ignite's), and I think it will be easier to release such integration updates with the
2nd approach, as soon as a new RocketMQ's (or Ignite's) version is available.