ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Python Platform for Ignite
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2017 20:14:49 GMT
Hi Shanshank,

I’ve prepared tickets related to this activity:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4600 <https://ggsystems.atlassian.net/browse/IGN-6558>

I would agree that if we want to be as generic as possible then we need to write our own implementation
rather relying on SWIG.
So, let’s try to base Ignite.Python on existing Ignite.C++ shared libs that Vladimir mentioned.
Could you investigate this part? The community will assist if something is unclear or required
more details.

—
Denis

> On Jan 28, 2017, at 10:22 AM, Shashank Gandham <shashankgandham@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> *As asked by Denis (Correction from Dmitry)
>
>> On 28-Jan-2017, at 11:17 PM, Shashank Gandham <shashankgandham@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> As I mentioned earlier I would like to work on developing the Python platform [1]
>>
>>  Vladimir made things clear that we will have to develop a Python platform from the
ground up if we have to have all the functionalities of Ignite. I think it would be worth
the effort to build things from the ground up, rather than using the REST API or any other
workarounds [2]

>> As asked by Dmitry, I am starting a new thread to have a broader discussion on how
should we work on this. This will be my first contribution to a project as big as Ignite so
I may take some time to adjust to all the standards and procedures, I assure I will pick up
the pace as fast as possible.