ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Ozerov <voze...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Make async API great again
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2016 18:46:20 GMT
We already discussed this several months ago in other thread.

"Async" methods is the most simple and straight API possible. .NET world
goes this way all over their frameworks and nobody died. Hazelcast also
goes this way. Java goes this way (see CompletableFuture). This is common
and well-known practice. The most impacted part of our API will be cache,
+33 new methods. Though, I do not see how it can affect learning curve.

Agree that we should deprecate AsyncSupport gradually and remove it no
earlier than in Apache Ignite 3.0.