ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Yakov Zhdanov <yzhda...@apache.org>
Subject Ignite should validate OS and JVM settings
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2016 10:56:23 GMT
Hello Igniters!

I currently see a lot of issues with Ignite deployments where problems are
caused with improper JVM or OS setup, e.g. OS user has too small open files
limit, Ignite's JVM has very small max direct memory size resulting to OOME
in some cases.

I suggest to add some validation to Ignite so we output warning to log on
startup or at any other moment problem is spotted.

Here is the ticket - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4374.
Please comment.

Alex Scherbakov, I know you have many points to add - please feel free to
proceed.

--Yakov