ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Yakov Zhdanov <yzhda...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sort nodes in the ring in order to minimize the number of reconnections
Date Mon, 26 Dec 2016 10:03:36 GMT
>Then, as I understand it, a lot of reconnection in the ring cannot create
even temporary but major problems for performance. And in general this
optimization will change practically nothing. Or am I missing some things?

I am afraid I did not understand this at all. Please elaborate.

I did not suggest any reconnections or ring rebuild. All I suggest is to
control over ring building process with arcs. And, yes, proper built ring
should reduce latency of ring messages IMO.

--Yakov