ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Goncharuk <alexey.goncha...@gmail.com>
Subject PageMemory approach for Ignite 2.0
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2016 09:37:37 GMT
Folks,

I pushed an initial implementation of IGNITE-3477 to ignite-3477 branch for
community review and further discussion.

Note that the implementation lacks the following features:
 - On-heap deserialized values cache
 - Full LOCAL cache support
 - Eviction policies
 - Multiple memory pools
 - Distributed joins support
 - Off-heap circular remove buffer
 - Maybe something else I missed

The subject of this discussion is to determine whether the PageMemory
approach is a way to go, because the this implementation is almost 2x
slower than current 2.0 branch. There is some room for improvement, but I
am not completely sure we can gain the same performance numbers as in 2.0.

I encourage the community to review the code and architecture and share
their thoughts here.

Thanks,
AG