ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitry Karachentsev <dkarachent...@gridgain.com>
Subject Grid hang on compute
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2016 13:35:41 GMT
Igniters!

Recently faced with arguable issue, it looks like a bug. Scenario is
following:

1) Start two data nodes with some cache.

2) From one node in async mode post some big number of jobs to another.
That jobs do some cache operations.

3) Grid hangs almost immediately and all threads are sleeping except
public ones, they are waiting for response.

This happens because all cache and job messages are queued on
communication and limited with default number (1024). It looks like jobs
are waiting for cache responses that could not be received due to this
limit. It's hard to diagnose and looks not convenient (as I know we have
no limitation in docs for using cache ops from compute jobs).

So, my question is. Should we try to solve that or, may be, it's enough
to update documentation with recommendation to disable queue limit for
such cases?