ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Sally Khudairi ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Ignite 1.8.0 Released
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2016 22:38:30 GMT
Thanks, Denis. Hello, everyone!
Indeed, I think releasing a "highlight" announcement makes sense here, and I'll be happy to
work with you over the next week or so to get that drafted.
And thanks in advance, Roman Shtykh, for acting as project spokesperson in your role as release
manager. Participation from the community at-large is greatly appreciated!
Here's hoping everyone has a happy New Year!
Warmly,
Sally = = = = =  vox +1 617 921 8656gvox +1 646 598 4616skype sallykhudairi

      From: Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org>
 To: "sk@apache.org" <sk@apache.org>
Cc: ASF Marketing & Publicity <press@apache.org>; dev@ignite.apache.org; Roman Shtykh
<rshtykh@yahoo.com>
 Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2016 4:24 PM
 Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Ignite 1.8.0 Released

CC-ing Apache Ignite dev@ in the loop.
Igniters, PMC members had a talk with Sally Khudairi who represents ASF Marketing & Publicity
group. Sally, thanks a lot for finding a time to jump on the call.
One of the main topics of the call was our latest 1.8.0 release. It was agreed that Sally
would help the community to prepare an additional announcement so that we can expand awareness
of the following features:

   - In-Memory SQL Grid. Sally, hope that I could convey the main benefit of this feature
to you. Just in case, here is my recent blog post [1] where it’s explained how PHP users
can leverage from this new component.

   - Redis protocol support. Roman S., could you find a time and write a blog post about
it or recount the main benefits that Sally can include in the announcement referring to you?

   - .NET features. Already well described in this post [2]. Just in case, Pavel T. will be
able to provide more details if needed.

Also we discussed marketing related activities, issues and approaches related to Apache Ignite
in general. At the moment community members maintain the following sources that increase awareness
of Ignite:
   - Blogs: https://ignite.apache.org/blogs.html
   - News: https://ignite.apache.org/news.html
   - Twitter: https://twitter.com/ApacheIgnite

I will deep dive into this topic the next year relying on you, Igniters, and Sally trying
to find a way to get all we can from existed channels as well as implementing other approaches.

[1] https://dzone.com/articles/apache-ignite-enables-full-fledged-sql-support-for[2] https://dzone.com/articles/whats-new-in-apache-ignitenet-18
Regards,Denis