ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IGNITE-4212 (Ignite Benchmarking Simplification and Automation)
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2016 19:02:23 GMT
Dmitriy,

Please have a look at IGNITE-4212 description (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4212).

The whole purpose of the ticket is to automate benchmarks execution for the end user for a
specific Ignite release. Now he/she needs to go through a number of steps like build, configure,
run strictly following lengthy Yardstick guidance.

Ideally, once a specific release is downloaded it should be possible to run a concrete benchmark
with a ready-to-use script. The script needs benchmarks' lib which makes sense to put under
“libs/optional” folder.

If someone wants to modify the source of an existed benchmark or add a new one then he/she
needs to follow existed Yardstick guidance. So, no need to release benchmarks’s sources
as a part of Ignite release.

—
Denis