ignite-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Andrey Mashenkov <andrey.mashen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geospatial queries example fails in master
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2016 19:16:53 GMT
Query parameters are converted to binary since commit "ae77653". This is
result of IGNITE-2208[1].

However, spatial queries work fine with OptimizedMarshaller configured. We
already have test GridH2IndexingGeoSelfTest, and we can run it with
BinaryMarshaller as well.


[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-2208


On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 8:20 PM, Denis Magda <dmagda@gridgain.com> wrote:

> 2. Most likely we don’t need to convert the spatial objects into the
> binary form.
>
> I would investigate what has changed since the recent release where
> everything worked fine. Also don’t forget to add a test for the broken
> functionality.
>
> —
> Denis
>
> > On Nov 18, 2016, at 8:54 AM, Sergi Vladykin <sergi.vladykin@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > 1. The change itself is buggy because if the parameter is null, then we
> > will call setNull and setObject after that. It must be `else if ...`
> >
> > 2. I'm not sure how this deserialization fits to our "no classes on
> server"
> > ideology.
> >
> > Sergi
> >
> >
> >
> > 2016-11-18 14:26 GMT+03:00 Andrey Mashenkov <andrey.mashenkov@gmail.com
> >:
> >
> >> Hi Denis,
> >>
> >> Sql query parameters have being converted to binary before query is
> sent to
> >> QueryProcessor. But they haven't being deserialized by QueryProcessor on
> >> binding.
> >> So, H2 failed to execute query due to wrong parameter type.
> >>
> >> I've added PR [1] with fix. Sergi, please review if it correct place and
> >> way to deserialize parameters.
> >>
> >> [1] https://github.com/apache/ignite/pull/1248
> >>
> >>
> >> On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 4:30 AM, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org> wrote:
> >>
> >>> Igniters,
> >>>
> >>> I’ve just added the documentation about our geospatial queries [1] and
> >>> wanted to contribute an example [2].
> >>>
> >>> However, the example no longer works in the master branch producing the
> >>> error you can see in the ticket [2].
> >>> The same example works perfectly fine in version 1.7 and earliest. You
> >> can
> >>> download this project [3] and check that it’s true.
> >>>
> >>> Sergi, please have a look at the issue reported in [1]. We’re
> approaching
> >>> 1.8 release and looks like we overlooked some new bug introduced
> >> recently.
> >>>
> >>> [1] http://apacheignite.gridgain.org/v1.7/docs/geospatial-queries <
> >>> http://apacheignite.gridgain.org/v1.7/docs/geospatial-queries>
> >>> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4238 <
> >>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4238>
> >>> [3] https://github.com/dmagda/geospatial <https://github.com/dmagda/
> >>> geospatial>
> >>>
> >>> —
> >>> Denis
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >> С уважением,
> >> Машенков Андрей Владимирович
> >> Тел. +7-921-932-61-82
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >> Andrey V. Mashenkov
> >> Cerr: +7-921-932-61-82
> >>
>
>


-- 
С уважением,
Машенков Андрей Владимирович
Тел. +7-921-932-61-82

Best regards,
Andrey V. Mashenkov
Cerr: +7-921-932-61-82

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message