ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Yakov Zhdanov <yzhda...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IgniteCache.loadCache improvement proposal
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2016 14:56:42 GMT

> Why not store the partition ID in the database and query only local
> partitions? Whatever approach we design with a DataStreamer will be slower
> than this.

Because this can be some generic DB. Imagine the app migrating to IMDG.

I am pretty sure that in many cases approach with data streamer will be
faster and in many cases approach with multiple queries will be faster. And
the choice should depend on many factors. I like Val's suggestions. I think
he goes in the right direction.

--Yakov