ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Apache Ignite 1.8 Release
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2016 17:52:03 GMT
Igniters,

I’ve prepared the page with all the tickets that are assigned on 1.8
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+1.8 <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+1.8>

The number is enormous (850 tickets) because we silly move tickets from one version to another
if something is not ready to be released.

Please, everyone go through your tickets that are assigned on 1.8 and:
- remove the version at all if you’re not sure when a ticket is going to be fixed or
- move it to the next release version (2.0) if you’re confident to finalize the dev by that
time or
- fix and include enhancements in 1.8 (by November 14th).

Any alternative thoughts or suggestions are highly appreciated.

—
Denis

> On Nov 2, 2016, at 10:42 AM, Denis Magda <dmagda@gridgain.com> wrote:
>
> Roman,
>
> Sure, it makes sense to include this into the release highlighting that presently Ignite
provides a limited support.

> Please create a pull-request and send a message (not a part of this discussion) to the
dev list asking for review.

> —
> Denis
>
>> On Nov 1, 2016, at 6:46 PM, Roman Shtykh <rshtykh@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>>
>> Igniters,
>> I have implemented a basic set of Redis protocol commands a while ago -- those I
could wrap Ignite's REST/memcached commands with.
>> Since Redis protocol has a richer set of commands compared to REST's, there are some
limitations in the current implementation (and I think it will be not that easy to implement
more advanced commands). Please see the ticket, it has a list of commands and the limitation
described.
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-3066
>> Can it be reviewed, and possibly receive recommendations how to remove the limitations?
Probably it can be considered for 1.8 release.
>> -Roman
>>

>>   On Wednesday, October 26, 2016 1:26 AM, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org> wrote:
>>

>> Igniters,
>>
>> Looking at the discussions that happen on our dev list regarding Ignite's improvements
I should say that we’re ready to prepare and roll out one more Ignite minor release before
the end of the year - Apache Ignite 1.8.0. My proposal is to make it available by mid November,
somewhere around November 21st.

>> Personally, the following features have to be included in it due to the importance
and readiness:
>> DML Support: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-2294 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-2294>
>> PHP PDO Support from ODBC side: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-3865
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-3865>
>> Ignite as a second level cache for .NET Entity Framework: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-1915
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-1915>

>> The first feature make it realistic to execute INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE queries over
Ignite caches using Java APIs or by connecting to a cluster using JDBC or ODBC drivers and
send DML queries not only from Java side but from a variety of technologies and tools. As
an example, the second feature from the list is intended to enable support for PHP by mixing
DML with SELECT SQL queries plus sending them over Ignite’s ODBC driver.

>> The third feature will allow to broaden the usage of Apache Ignite .NET client among
.NET community by providing more advanced support for .NET Entity Framework.

>> Feature owners of the above mentioned tickets, please provide the current status
on them?

>> If anyone else wants to see something else as a part of Ignite 1.8 and ready to contribute
it by the mid of November please reply to the thread as well.