ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Kuznetsov <akuznet...@apache.org>
Subject Where and how to store metrics for queries.
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2016 04:56:41 GMT
Hi, All!

I'm working on IGNITE-3443 "Implement collecting what SQL statements
executed on cluster and their metrics." [1]

And I need to discuss where and how store collected metrics.

I see 2 options:

1) Store metrics in a special separate replicated cache. In this case I
could easily add, collect and evict metrics. But I will need  somehow made
this cache "system" in order to not show it for users (for example in Visor
console).

2) Store metrics in system utility cache. In this case I could easily add
metrics, but collecting and evicting will be not so trivial...

Which way should I choose?

Please, share your thoughts.

Alexey Kuznetsov