ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Valentin Kulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Concurrent read-through
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2016 20:06:07 GMT
Folks,

I noticed strange behavior when read-through done from several concurrent
threads. Basically, if miss happened in two thread, they can both load the
value from store. We have CacheStoreBalancingWrapper which I believe is
supposed to solve this, but there is still a race, because the loading can
start after the future in the wrapper is already completed and removed. I
think it can potentially be a performance issue in case the loading process
takes significant amount of time.

Is this by design and is there any way to make it more reliable? Why don't
we load within the entry sync block, like we do with updates?

-Val